See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Who is Most Wise

My little posts probably go unnoticed by many while others, have bluntly told me sometimes they find them boring. Some are faithful readers, I wish I knew who you are...

The funny part of this is it doesn't matter if some do not like your stuff. It's my time....Simply put, you cannot make anyone happy. It does make me happy to write, in my "spare time, which is limited by many outside activities.

Recently, the tornado victims have had their share of much to do from our church. Thursday, the community free meal, is expected to be well attended. Anticipating the need for baked items is my concern, since the priest is to be "chef of the day." We welcome all that have need or, wish to attend.

Amongst the many activities, church services are always "my priority", and the subject for today, is the 50th class of our high school, who graduated this weekend, with the hope of further education. Our church was one of many who offered a scholarship. I wish them luck in obtaining the education to become useful servants in our society.

If I had the opportunity to speak to them, I would reference the Troparion of Pentecost. "Blessed are You, O Christ our God, who has shown forth the fishermen as supremely wise," ("most wise" is another way it is written) I hope this class will be most wise in their decision making.

We do not hold fishermen to be wise, obviously they are "made wise". They are made wise by the "Holy Spirit." Through them, we learned who Christ is. And, unfortunately, that is folly to the world.

In wisdom there is strength. I thought about the many years that have passed since my graduation, where many went on to college to learn about what they can do for themselves. They have found the way into the world of materialism, authority and recognition. A road without Christ, for many of my classmates, led to a lack of peace.

The road you choose to take will be either self-serving or selfless. I hope you will be like the wise fishermen, who received the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth and Life, and "acquire" the Spirit of Peace, on a road that leads to serving your neighbor.

The only question at the end of the road is "did you know and serve Christ, and did you, like the fishermen who were most wise, draw other's into the net?" If you did these things, then you will have "acquired" the spirit of peace.

A road without Christ is a fruitless endeavor. The choice is yours....

No comments: