See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aw Sweet September

I thought I was much too tired to write tonight, but today was too special in the way of "firsts" to ignore it.

First of all, it was a very special birthday for baby Ryan William, his "first one." And each day now, I see that he is losing his baby ways. Standing alone unaccompanied, it won't be long until we see him walking along. I heard him say "give" the other day, an addition to this and that. Vocabulary although limited, is surprising which includes his trying to carry a tune. Car and carriage rides are his thing, and you don't hear a sound, except when he is trying to sing to the radio.

He's like his brother, when he was little. He loves music and making all kinds of sounds, even the "car" sound, "Broom, Broom". He's also quite the ballplayer, wants nothing to do with being fed, he'll feed himself. And, he has the most adorable and warm smile, to go along with his huge eyes.

He's a keeper, happy birthday, sweetheart, grandma loves you.

Today, we also resumed our Community Meal. Yes, it was a very busy day. I noticed how dark it was already becoming at 7:30 P.M. on my way home, and, in looking toward the sky while driving, I noticed a V formation heading South. We know in these parts, what that means. The Canadian Geese are heading away, as they do at this time each year. Just as in years past, it marks for us the unofficial ending of the summer and the anticipation of another season, Fall. It went quickly this year, and we wonder where the time went. Nathan will enter school soon, another first.

I will look forward to Loon Mt and the Scottish Festival, once again, and football, where my nephew Matt is anxious to show them all what he's got. I'd say he is a powerhouse all by him self. Go Matt....

Today, on the way to the hall, I noticed that the leaves are already starting to turn. The moss is thick on the trees, and we wonder if that means we're in for another intense winter. Apple pie, spice and everything nice. Sweet September has arrived. The porthole to a new season of welcomed coolness, painted landscapes, and the scent of burning wood.

Hey, Matt....how's the pumpkin coming? Children are so smart today. My one year old grandson was playing with the computer with his daddy, yesterday. And his older brother, told me all about the bus route and the numbers on the buses he will be taking, with much anticipation, in sweet September. That is, after he gave me all the details on the past hurricane and car show that he just attended. I understand that he gives weather reports now to his day care classmates. I think that soccer is now getting his attention. Last night, he met up with teammates old and new, wearing his sponsored team's shirt and spiked shoes, to play his first game.

Yes, it's sweet September, and I haven't even picked my first tomato yet. But we do have electricity and cable and all the comforts of life, following the recent hurricane. Life is good!

No comments: