See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

When it rains it pours

Today, my thoughts and prayers are with my cousins who lost their mother yesterday, unexpectedly. We never want to think that death is at our door even when we reach the tender age of ninty-something.

In the early hours I was reading the tones from the memorial service, which reads in part, but to your servants, O Lord, with the righteous grant rest. Jeanette was a servant, wife and mother of four. She worked hard all her life, and when her husband passed on, she was especially devoted to her church, administering communion and attending daily mass.

My own mother-in-law will be making a huge transition in her life, and it will be a bit unexpected. At ninety-one the time has come for her to make this adjustment. I often wonder how many realize how fast time goes and how in a split moment your life and those around you can change.

We are all so wrapped in things, and places we must go that we are unaware of the actual scope of things until it hits us in the face. It will be emotional in both cases. Today, tell those that you love, that you love them. The right time is always, now....

No comments: