See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The CAVE

December first, when people will be contemplating on their tree and gifts, I'm thinking about the Cave. Whether it is a Christmas tree or Holiday tree, it is still a tree. Your disposition is what makes it otherwise. We transform ordinary things to something spectacular. But are we transformed?

If I were an artist, I would draw a lifeless hole admist a hard rocky entrance. I would try to create a feeling of great trepidation and coldness. This, in my mind would not be a place of joy, but utter dispair. Darkness and I have never been friends. It would encompass feelings of sadness and loneliness. Yet, it is a place where many are accustomed to be--cut off by sufferings, pain, and grief. Self-loathing and unforgiveness and hate. For you too, there is a gift waiting for you in the cave.

But now enters into this place, (the cave), a young virgin, giving birth to a Son. And the cave became the queens palace, dispelling the darkness within the cave of mankind, with the illumination, therein. Her Son, is the Only Begotten Son of God.

Yes, you must enter into this cave to receive Him and He will transform your heart and give you the illumination of His everlasting light, peace and great joy.

It's not about the tree, afterall, but hope. Time to think about experiencing the Real Joy this Christmas.

No comments: