See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All Time Decline in Religious Affiliation

A decline in Religion. Why is this being brought to our attention today? This is not new news but it certainly will make a huge difference on the way people live, vote, and ultimately how our country will be run. Yesterday, I endured surgery in which I credit the doctor for being able to do the impossible, removing a fractured tooth from the back of my small mouth. One hour later after using many different instruments removing splinters, and then rebuilding the bone with a cow bone and pig membrane, I was thankful that the ordeal was over. I said the "Jesus" prayer over and over quietly. The tooth was discovered when I went for a routine cleaning, and because it had a root canal previously, the infection which was present, was unknown. In other words, there was no visible sign, and no pain. It is like that with faith. Just because you cannot see "Jesus" doesn't mean he isn't there. Last night,I dreamnt that a huge snake was at my feet, showing me his fangs and spiked tale. I was reclined in a chair and he was beneath. It was made known that he was not to touch me, although he wanted to. He did scare the living out of me. I finally picked him up and flung him away. The entire time, I recall saying the Jesus Prayer once again, in my sleep. Waking up, I was thankful that this was not reality. If your wondering, if perhaps, it was the meds that I was on, it was not, as I didn't take anything, not even Advil. I am convinced that the Lord watches over those who know, love and serve Him. Especially, through the prayers of others. Some people do not believe the bible either, but if you look you will see that in Hebrews 13:5 it says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." As far as Americans that have no religious affiliation, I wonder, what do you do when mankind's promises fall short and you cannot answer those questions that go beyond, like where will your soul go after this life? Matthew makes clear what is going on today, In Chapter 24 verse 12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold." Again, the scripture makes it clear if you fail to find Christ in your heart, haboring lawlessness-- Matthew 7:23 "And then I will declare to then, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!" Deuteronomy Chapter 31 verse 6 "Be valiant and strong, do not fear nor be afraid of them, nor be terrified before them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes before you and with you and among you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." If you do not know Him, could it be your still searching? In this time of predicted apostasy,find an Apostolic Church, unbroken in belief for some two thousand years. They know the bible taking credit for its source, and strive to live according to God's plan. The One they very much love and believe in. Come and see why. (All scripture references are taken from the Orthodox Study Bible)

No comments: