See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ryan's Very Important Question

There is no tree set up in our front room. On Sunday, my husband John bought me a new Nativty, not one with baby animals not even the three kings, but the three pieces that comprise the Holy Scene. I couldn't wait for my little two-year-old grandson to come over, and as I knew he would, notice the three figures, Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Above the wooden characters, I placed the large star of Bethlehem. It would have been nice if it had white lights on it, but being gold, with an open weave it seemed to go with the wooden figures. As I knew, it wasn't long after he sighted it, that his little hand just had to reach up to touch it. He spent some time looking at the cradle, then he said Jesus. Ryan knows who Jesus is as well as his mother Mary. He must have guessed that this was special to me as he didn't ask to play with the characters as he does other things I leave in the livingroom, like shells and candles which he likes to smell. Joseph is present with his staff, having a lantern in the other hand, while Mary kneels, bent slightly over the manager. None have faces, yet in its simplicity, we do not get any other message than Christ is Born having a real mother and Joseph. Time will allow facts to present themselves, but for now, there is Baby Jesus. Ryan was quiet in his observance, then finally, the question came. Grandma, where are their shoes?

No comments: