See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'm too Busy!

Today I read about the mounting concern for Ebola and its consequence. We are to be as prepared as possible. This includes prayer, fasting and almsgiving. If you've forgotten God in your bussiness, time to begin this thought process. Many people today are so busy that they have forgotten all about the first commandment of God. Putting Him first in our lives, the lives that He gives us now and forever. In fact, some actually make themselves so busy that there is no time to worship, or even sit and listen to God, in our stillness. Extra events come before a personal relationship with our maker. Time on this earth is shorter than you think. Take time to think about that.

Yesterday, I wrote about the Lord's Prayer, which  (Jesus) gave to us. It can be found in your bible. I hope parents teach their children to recite it often. There is another prayer that children learn from their parents. It goes like this:

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

This prayer is easy to remember and it is one that should be said before children go to bed. One night, my sister Ruth, who used to say this prayer with me when we were children, kneeling by our bedside, went to bed and never woke up. She did not live to a ripe old age.

Last night I had a dream about her. She was pregnant sitting in a swimming pool of water. I remember that she was happy, and then, I saw that I was pregnant too. Dreaming about water is always a good sign for me.

Those who knew my sister Ruth, will recall how beautiful a person she was in many ways and how much she loved her four children, and her grandchildren.

Every week I pray for her soul during our church worship service. Prayer is essential to our lives. We need to tell our creator how grateful we are for our lives and those whom He has given us to love. Memory Eternal Ruth.

No comments: