See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Greatest Gift of All

My little grandson of four, has been following me around with his scrap paper and pencil, in order to obtain a list of what I want from Santa. "What do you want for Christmas, grandma?" That is a loaded question. I look around at my cluttered home, which I try to alleviate by donations and the goodwill box every now and then, and frankly, find that I really do not need anything.  So I told him that I want him to be happy, to which he responded, "I am happy." That really made my day.

At a certain age of been there and done that, the only want that remains is not material, but spiritual. The real Christmas is what we all really need. It is why Christ came into this world, a world in need of change.

The best gift you can give and receive is forgiveness. Can you imagine what would happen if everyone forgave each other and lived to love one another? This world would be a heavenly place.

I often think of the words Jesus said on the cross, which had everything to do with reconciliation.(Luke 23:34) "Then Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

The angels greeted the shepherds with the message of Peace on Earth good will to men, guiding them, like the star of Bethlehem, to a baby born in a humble and unusual manner, of His virgin mother Mary,  and who accomplished the good news of salvation through His death and forgiveness on the cross. This gift of salvation and reconciliation is free, one that will cost you absolutely nothing, but gives you everything in return. The gift of life eternal. (John 1:4)"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men."

So this year, give and receive the gift of forgiveness, the gift of love, joy and peace. And, as the song goes, "Let it begin with me."

I promise that this gift will bring you true happiness, a one-size fits all.




No comments: