See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are privileged to bear the title of motherhood. As well, it is a special day to remember also those who are no longer with us, who devoted their lives to having raised children, and in some cases grandchildren. They deserve our gratitude, loving memories and prayers. Let us not forget those in waiting, for the anticipated blessing of their lifetime, with the hope, joy and honor bestowed upon them and their new arrival. Your life is about to dramatically change--forever. You have our best wishes.

Today, I got a special surprise when my nephew came over with a card and gift. He has been like a son to me, and is one of my many godchildren. Now grown up and towering over me, he makes all mother's and godmothers proud. What was so unique about the present, was not the cost but the thought. I have wanted for many years, a replacement of the cherished plant called the umbrella, which produces lovely little white flowers in the spring. It resembles a clover plant, and was part of a collection that my mother cultivated, giving starter plants to friends and family. I had received a piece of her plant, which I lost and hoped one day to replace.

I have memories of my first born son, born in April, having the flowered plant on his dresser. It has special significance to me and is greatly appreciated. I know that Matt potted the plant himself, and came with directions on how to care for it. How did he know?

It's the little things in life that mean a lot to mothers. The first time you look into your baby's eyes, their first little laugh--when you know that they are truly happy. Their first step and everything new that they accomplish from day one to full grown adults.

Once your a mother, your given a sixth sense, becoming like a mom to all, and nurturing is what you can't help but be to everything and everyone you put your hands on.  And, as if that isn't enough, you sometimes get the chance to do it all over again with the grand kids. There is no greater joy!

My sister, who has gone to her eternal rest and who I miss so much, was a mother of four children. One mother's day she presented me with a heart-shaped pink box which has been one of my favorite keepsakes throughout the years. It reads: "A mother's love is the fairest flower that grows in God's garden."

Well said...We will get together to share dinner and it will be divine. And yes, Ryan grandma made the chocolate cupcakes with green frosting and jimmies, and Nate you'll have your chocolate-chip cookies with vanilla ice cream. Family means the world to me and I'm lucky to be so loved.

No comments: