See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Day After

Today as I looked around here, it became clear that I live in paradise. The birds, scented roses and beautiful flowers. A garden fit for a queen.

I sat on the front step, sipping down my coffee. It is the simple things in life that are so much appreciated. Then came the down pour. Great! It gave me a chance to see how well the gutters worked, now that they are finally cleaned. Perfect. Off and on today we would have thunder showers and back to sun. Life is like that. Changeable.

Then, I retrieved the plants that I placed over the weekend, as I usually do each year following Memorial Day. The humidity overwhelmed me. It has been a crazy day. I'm happy that the AC is humming out cool air.

The TV is on with a very romantic story. I like this part where he finds the bottle while visiting Theresa. It contained a letter that he wrote to his dead wife which Garret tossed into the sea, exposing Theresa's motive for meeting him in the first place. The letter to Katherine was to be private and he feels betrayed thinking that his feelings for his deceased wife were to be shared with the world, exposed by a columnist after finding the bottles that came ashore. Thus, her desire to meet him.
They had been both previously married. He had not gotten over his first wife, so he thought. That kind of pain can destroy you. He was struggling.

The new woman in his life brought healing, visible throughout the entire family. Woman are "life bearers". She gave him a reason to dream again and he completed the ship which he designed for his first love, and christened it Katherine, and she witnessed it. Theresa thinks that there will probably never be anyone that he loves like he does Katherine. But this, turns out to be untrue.

A twist to the story, Katherine gets her husband back as Garret drowns at sea during a storm, trying to save a family in trouble. Theresa learns about her loss from Garret's father over the phone at the office, and flies down to be with him. Garret's father presents to her the new letter written to Katherine which he intended to throw overboard along with his wedding band, saying goodbye.

Garret's intent was to say goodbye to Katherine in order to win the heart of Theresa, the second love in his life.

Memorial Day is just that, saying goodbye all over again.

No comments: