See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, June 19, 2010

In DISBELIEF

Had a great time shopping for our pre-born grandson in Millbury today. I remarked that people are very impatient behind the wheel. Don't stop for a minute, or they will try to pass you on the left or right. It may not occur to them that you stopped for a good reason, like a ball in the road, or pedestrian. No, they can't wait to scoot on by you in order to gain turf, taking up grass, sidewalks or going into break-down lanes just to get through. Most alarming are those who think it is okay to go through red lights. More than once, we noticed people advancing us in our lane. Stay on your own side, buddy. As my grandson would say. "slow down." He says that "daddy says that". Tomorrow is father's day and Nate has a "great daddy." We stopped in Auburn to complete our purchases.


On Rte 131, at an intersection near the famous BP gas station of our town, people still are making turns onto Main Street, each time going into the other lane, when clearly there are signs prohibiting a right turn there. They do it anyway. Is it ignorance? Or is it because they see others do it and follow suit. Maybe it is a habbit that they have learned, as it was once "allowed". Each time, I want to stick my head out of the window and shout, "you can't turn there." Right! They are not going to listen to me. The only answer would probably be to put up some kind of barrier. I've never seen even one driver stopped for disobeying traffic signs. As a matter of fact, where are the local's?

Today took the cake. I am still in disbelief that someone could do something so, I can't even think of a word to describe it. The grey car had out of state plates, so obviously she did not know where she was going. We were stopped at a light proceeding straight ahead. She came from behind us then almost hit us on the driver's side coming very close, as we proceeded to "go" on a green light. The driver cut right in front of our car. She making a right turn in front of our car to turn right at an exit that she missed. My husband, wondered why her car was so close, and realized that he was going to hit her, and stopped to let her proceed in front of our vehicle. Luckily for her no one was turning in at the same time, from the back. Traffic was not too heavy at the moment. We still do not know how we avoided the impact.

We both said "what was that?" I have been driving for years, and I've never seen such "stupidity". I don't know what is going on today on the roads, certainly it has become dangerous to travel even on a terrific day, as this was.

My husband is not quick to the peddle as I am, and is used to the so-called "nuts" on the road. If I were driving, we quite possibly may have had a different outcome.

He said, she was on a cell-phone. I didn't notice that, as I was and still am, in a state of DISBELIEF.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.