See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, February 13, 2012

St. Valentine's Day Cookies

Today, as I ponder what kind of cookies I will make for St. Valentine's Day, I recall the many different kind of cookies, enjoyed for over forty years.

The favorites have been, chocolate chip, peanutbutter kiss, anise with colored jimmies, oatmeal, canoli, sugar cookies, cinnamon and walnut rolls, crustada, and twist cookies.

My family and friends have always looked forward to having confections of various shapes, sizes and colors. Maybe, I'll make huge, heart-shape cookies, decorated with sweet confections.

Years ago, my aunt used to make molasses cookies, and as a very little girl, they were my favorite. This year, gingerbread has led the list, so far.

My love for baking "treats" has led many to my door over the years. People still say that I should open a bake shoppe. People in life deserve my cookies because they are so sweet.

I don't know, maybe I'll throw in some whoopie pies, too. Every season has it's own specialty, and nothing says "I love you" more than something from the oven. Maybe, it'll be a carrot cake, with a cream cheese frosting? Or a chocolate moose with cookies and cream?

Doesn't matter so much how you take the time to tell other's that they are special, it only matters that you do.

No comments: