See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, March 23, 2012

Pink Slime Exiting

Just read that title, one of which does not require any explanation. It says it all. If you haven't been introduced to the yucky substance, your one of the lucky ones. I find myself wondering, oh heck, I just don't care to even think that I ate anything that contained pick slime. The fact is, we really do not know what we are consuming from one meal to the next, when we purchase our food in restaurants, or eat out at fast food chains. How about supermarkets? Is it listed on the package as an added ingredient?

Lately it was announced that the slime was being put into some meat sources. One more thing I am going to have to watch out for. Where did it all begin, better yet, when will this all end. We do not care to have any color slime placed in our meats. Years ago, we are appalled to learn what was in the hot dogs that we consumed, unless they were "all beef."

I'm glad that my grandchildren bring their lunch to school. Some schools are feeding this gunk to kids who eat in the cafeteria.

Just got through eating a nice homemade bowl of cabbage/bean soup, chunky style meaning everything but the kitchen sink, and pink slime, are in it.I could stay on the fast forever. No need for anything "pink." Maybe I'll become a vegetarian.

And, for a side note, I wonder how this affects the cost of the product. Maybe this filler is weighty and your paying the price in more than one way.

I hope to see "Pink Slime Exiting" in all the stores that I frequent. When it comes to one's health, there are more important considerations, than the cost.

No comments: