See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, August 29, 2014

It's a Matter of Choosing the Shepherd

Several days ago, at Old Sturbridge Village we enjoyed watching the game called tug of war. Clearly everyone wanted to be on the winning side. It brought back memories of my childhood, when we also played tug-of-war with family and friends. That meant picking a winning team. Like the game of baseball that was played in our backyard, it was obvious to us who could hit, catch and who would pitch. Tug-of-war was like that in some ways, choosing and working, all at the same time, with a common goal. We tried to side up with who we thought could win. Understanding of the game was just as important  as knowing it was just for fun.

While watching the news yesterday clearly, people are choosing sides for a battle that is growing more serious. This unlike tug of war, is certainly no childs play. The anchor person that I watched had a very intense look on his face, while others I observed, were calling for intervention. It is no time for rash decisions, each and every move must be well thought out. More than that, prayed about. Many are crying out in the wilderness.

 David was always one of my favorite kings, recalling that he knew, with the help of God, nothing was too great a task, and as he slew Goliath, he proved that size is unimportant, Trusting in God is. What is important is what side you choose to be on. David knew how, when and where to strike. Often our greatest enemy is our own fear, fear has to do with not trusting. God supplies all our need according to His plan and purpose. Let go and let God. He will not abandon nor forsake us, who call on His name.

It is wise to look back, for history does repeat itself, for answers to serious questions. I always ask myself what does the bible say? The prophets? Surely, we are living in times that reflect some of the actions of our early Christians. Remember, God has prepared a table before us in the presence of our enemies.

The prophet of Isaiah begins in Chapter 40:1 with the words "Comfort, yes comfort My people, says God." God has our back. He is our hope, our ONLY Hope!  And always will be.
 Isaiah Chapter 40 vs. 3 "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: " prepare the way of the Lord; make straight, and the rough places into plains. The glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see the salvation of God: for the Lord has spoken."
 
(Matthew 3:3) "For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: 'The voice of one crying in the wilderness; prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.' "
The New Testament tells us in, Matthew 3-:13) John Baptizes Jesus in the Jordan.
 (The new testament also reveals who the Lord and shepherd is), in Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."


John, Chapter 10:11 "I am the good Shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. "( words of Jesus).

Do you know the Shepherd?

Isaiah Chapter 40: "All flesh is grass, and all man's glory is like the flower of the field. (vs; 7) "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God abides forever."
Isaiah Chapter 40:9-11 "lift up your voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid.""Behold your God. Behold the Lord is coming with strength, and His arm is with authority. Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him. He will feed His flock like a shepherd and gather the lambs with His arm: and He will comfort those with young."

Psalm 27: 11 "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;"
(14) Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!



All scripture references have been taken from the Orthodox Study Bible






No comments: