See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Remembering the Witch on Oz Movie

I'm sitting here laughing at myself. Perhaps, I'm in a good mood today. I've got my day planned out, music in the morning, catching the latest news on TV, updates and e-mails on the Internet and developing more blogs. House cleaning up of course, and after lunch, the gym. I'm starting to get a hang on the whole operation. I've read the guide which suggests the initial stretching exercises which is a good idea if you want to walk the next day. Later in the evening, I'll be playing cards on the net and reading, if I don't fall asleep in the process.

Yesterday, I tried to set-up a simple routine, about 20 minutes in all. I figured that most busy days I can at least accomplish that amount of time without it interfering with the rest of my duties. It can be fit in at anytime during the day or evening. The stretching, biking and tracking, must be done so that the last exercise is what you would consider a "cool down."

My bike is equipped with a heart monitor which gauges your aerobic exercise, according to your age. My next challenge will be to keep my heart rate to one suggested for my age level and not for a forty year old, (142). How I will accomplish that will be interesting. Guess I'll need to slow down. Not having the experience, this is another area I will need to become familiar with. Maybe I will need to increase the resistance. I certainly don't want to end up with bigger leg muscles. The tracker is working out really well. Now I'll need to put on some great uplifting music. Yesterday all I could think of while peddling away was the ugly old witch on a bike with Dorothy's dog Toto in the basket on the back. I could hear the music in my head (dododododo--dododododo- doo)! Then the laugh, "hee hee hee", "I'll get you my pretty". I'm sure television has had it's effect on me, good and bad...Okay be nice!

While some people are better at this than other's. I've got to get motivated to do this. Any ideas??? Walking is still the best exercise they claim, but it can be difficult in the winter for a number of reasons. I may go to the market and walk around the store, who knows.

Now to get thinking about a wonderful dinner for this evening. No motivation needed there. I am passionate about good cuisine.

No comments: