See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, January 4, 2010

Gym Complete

I am pleased to receive my new gym equipment. The tracker is very comfortable and all you need is to be coordinated to use it. The bike is more complex, having an advanced console which has an 8-week weight loss program which directs your workout. You simply select a program by choosing one of the 10 manual modes. Then the readout displays the time you will need to work while revealing the elapsed time, and distance in miles that you have travelled. It measures how many MPH (miles per hour) as well as your heart rate. Of course, you have the option to return to the manual mode by pressing the Workout button. Sometimes you want just to ride without getting involved in a program. You can just ride around the track, by watching indicator bars which connect up to what represents a 1/4 mile ride or (400) meters.

A dial allows you to select your resistance using a simple left or minus or right for plus. This controls the resistance of the pedals. Sort of like having power steering on a car or not. The bike also allows you to keep a record of the total distance travelled and the number of hours the exercise cycle has been used.

It comes complete with a cup holder. Not bad...Now where can I get a book holder like the gym has. Better yet, I recall that they would play music to get into it. I have them both aliened by my television set and computer as well. I have some new Cd's to get into the mood.

It is possible that this time it may all work out! Pardon the pun. The only down side was that after it was adjusted down, the seat was still too high for me and I had to make one small adjustment.

So I advanced onto the nice wide seat using a stool to get on. I pedal with the front part of my feet as if I were a ballerina. Without stretching the truth, it is a big bike. A very handsome and quite machine. Now how do I get off???

No comments: