See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Siked

I'm not sure if I spelled the title right, but I am excited because Shiloh is coming to entertain at St. Michael's church hall on March 13th at 7:00PM. It is a 5 piece Gospel Acoustic Band from Central Massachusetts which is influenced by Southern Gospel. We are so blessed in this area to have wonderful Christian entertainment.

We are in the fast period of our journey and about this time foods get a little crazy. Last night we had vegetable soup and salad, black coffee and dessert. Today though, you would wonder if I were pregnant by the way I am eating. This morning I had oatmeal with cashews in it, no dairy and black coffee. Earlier, when I got up with my husband, I chowed down black olives and coffee. Sitting in front of me for lunch, the rest of Taboule salad with peas and broccoli, rice crackers with sesame seeds and guacamole, a dip made from Avocado's. It is so good! Being on a fast sometimes can be fabulous. Yesterday, I finally froze the rest of my lentil soup. It was very thick made with fresh, processed spinach added to the basic recipe. I've been making stir-fried vegetables in the evening, my favorite is a string bean variety, adding a little whole wheat pasta at times. I am enjoying the shrimp with garlic and ginger flavorings and sometimes spice it up with cocktail sauce. Anything with mushrooms satisfy me. You could say that I'm almost on a "green diet." We have been hearing a lot about going green, so there you go....

Coming back to our "facing east coffee house" event, pop corn is usually served, which is also one of my favorite snacks. While having lunch today, I recalled that my grandfather brought over from Italy his mandolin. I never knew him as he passed away before I was born, but I always loved the sound of that instrument. Shiloh features steel sounds, and it brings back memories of my dad who played the steel guitar as well as my brother, Joe. We are a family who is into music. It seems to be inherited in us, somehow. My grandmother, like my son can play the organ/piano without music, by ear. Steve can play the sax, guitar, organ and drums. Several years back, I recall a debate about talent, when someone said there is only that which you learn from experience or study. Last week the dentist and I agreed that you have to have an ability to hear it. Not everyone has that gift. I remember my husband and I went to see the Phantom of Opera and he was miserable, not having heard even one word, yet I heard each and every one.

The gospel is like that. Every time you read it, you find that you get more out of it. It must be opened to you. And you need to be willing to hear it.

If you enjoy music shared with a group of willing listeners, I'm sure Shilo will have a message in there somewhere just for you. Hope to see you there!

No comments: