See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What would you do or give for someone you love

The answer to what I'd give to someone that I love is everything, that is everything within my control. A mature relationship demands no less. It makes me laugh when young women today have difficulty taking their husbands name. I'd say, that being the case, it is a good indicator that you may not be ready for marriage. True loves simply means that you are willing to see to the needs of the other person over and beyond yours. Honoring your spouse is a perfect way to start a good and lasting relationship in a marriage. Another example of a loving relationship, is of a newborn and its parents. The mother, especially, must be willing to sacrifice, for a time, her personal needs for her offspring. That can be a challenge that may run a course of years, yet, they will tirelessly provide for their children, with little complaint.

Relationships don't work because we live in the me, myself and I world. Where the focus is what can they do for me? It is a far cry from the self-less existence that I recall in my youth. My eldest son used to say to me, mommy when I grow up, I'm going to marry you. He always said such cute things. The point is ever before us, what will I do or become? It should be, how can I make a difference for someone in this world, daily. Or, are we here to just serve ourselves?

Yesterday, I posted a song that I heard on Saturday, "How He loves us." That is a song about relationship, ours and God. Yes, He is jealous for us. He is the bridegroom that created us for Himself, to live for Him as He gave His life for each one of us. Can one do any more than that? This song appeals to us because we all want to know so desperately, that we are adored by Him, despite the many errors we have made in our life.

A book written by Anthony Bloom, which I am reading while treading my indoor bicycle each day, says the following: "And you may find many other names. I am quite certain that if some day 'O Thou my Joy! or any other cry of this kind bursts out of you, it will be the moment when you will have discovered a relationship between Him and you which is your own, which is not a relationship that you share with many other people."

How is your relationship with God? Most of us know that He loves us? We need to hear that He does. But in order to be in a relationship, we need the sweet words and conversation that is intimate. And, yes in your stillness, you can encounter Him as the One you love beyond everything, even time. A relationship where you will find He is always there and there for you.

The author, goes on to say, "It is good if you can have a nickname by which you can call the Almighty God, a nickname that has all the depth of your heart, all the warmth you are capable of." Our names have been given to us, but He may call you something, personal. Since He created you, He may even call you by a different name. You don't have to change, as He loves you just as you are.

There is only one reason to pray, and that is to communicate with Your God, in your unique way, your words and feelings. The bible specifically says in Luke: 11-9 "ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Taken from the Orthodox Study Bible

Many years ago, while I was in high school, my cousin became engaged and I asked her how she knew it was love. She replied that is is when it is two-sided, you both feel the same way.

Beginning To Pray, by Anthony Bloom, makes it clear that a relationship with God or anyone else cannot be any other way. The implication being that if you love someone you'll want to spend time with them, do things for them, and of course, thinking about them all the time, is normal. A relationship with God is as unique as you are, as He made us all different. Sometimes it is a quiet, "presence" a feeling of knowing that He is with you and you are not alone. It becomes personal when you feel that the beauty you see, He made for you.

We know God loves us. He died for us in order that we may live, and we see the beautiful things He does for us everyday. Do we live for Him? Don't be surprised, if one day, when your quietly resting, you hear Him say, "Do you love Me?" What will your answer be? And, how do you show Him how much you love Him?

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.