See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Scoop from the Community Meal

Tonight's topic was reflective of the impending prediction of the coming Rapture, on Saturday. I told most of the people that I spoke with that if they were still here on Sunday morning, they were invited to attend Liturgy at 10:00. In other words, I told them as we do not believe if the Rapture theory, we would be around.

Surprisingly, some people were unaware of the prediction and for some they had heard about it yet it did not make an impression on them. Other's found the statement quite funny. One man, was sure God talked to him and he knew when the end of the world was coming. No you don't, I thought but didn't say out loud, no one does.

One lady told me as she was enjoying the Lazy Lasagna Dinner, that she was a school teacher, and that the children were asking her, "Is the end of the world coming?" She said they were quite concerned. One has to be very careful about what is being said in front of little children.

One guy said he believed in the Rapture as well as his church did. So, I repeated to him that if he was still around on Sunday, he is invited to Liturgy at ten.

I have during the week, written several posts on the subject, showing why we believe the theory of Rapture is not biblical. That is the only source that you can put your trust in. Like the children in school, many are feeling a bit uneasy.

Tomorrow is Friday and as we prepare for the weekend ahead, I thought I'd add a few more reasons why I believe we'll be here on Sunday. Look for that post tomorrow.

No comments: