See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Small but Mighty

Two-year-old and soon to be three, Ryan brags lately about the size of his feet. Come to think of it they are quite large in comparison to his small-framed body. We are constantly trying to feed him. Like most kids, eating is a waste of time. Unlike his grandmother, who enjoys eating, Ryan spent a good part of the afternoon, drinking juice and iced treats. It was hotter than you know what...today and more of the same tomorrow. Frankly, it knocked the crap out of me but Ryan, he still has a lot of pep and imagination to go with it. Big feet usually denotes that he will be tall someday, just like his brother. Years back people called me "small but mighty". Not sure how I acquired that title. Maybe it was because I could always take care of myself.

Friday, we discovered that we have a nest of white faced hornets just above our garage door. Talk about small but mighty, these insects are aggressive and will sting you just because. They stung my husband in the head while passing through from the garage to the house. Others who have also been victimized by their furry, relate their nastiness.

Thanks to the courageous pair, Matt and my brother John, the nest has been taken out. Moral of this story is Never underestimate all the little things in life.

No comments: