See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kids say the darndest things

Kids say and do the darndest things. I used to watch Art Linkletter question little kids on television. The show being a "hit" attracted many. Kids innocently say such cute things that long after, I find myself chuckling and wondering where did that come from? Ryan amazed me yesterday. At three he actually knows how to shovel snow, saying he helps dad. We keep a little pink plastic shovel for him to play with while I do the heavy work. Yesterday, we  cleared the deck in order to get to the garage where the toboggan was located. The back yard is nice and flat, and on a sunny day it made for much fun pulling him around. This year, he enjoyed the ride as he was able to hold on to the black handles, which I in turn, tied a rope to. It was great exercise for me as well. The sound of laughter is worth the effort alone. I always took my kids out to play. It is so vital to their good health.

Earlier, we had watched a Christmas movie with snacks and of course, there was time to drag out all his toys throughout the house. Playing is important to a three-year-old and imagining all sorts of adventures with household setups. He used a chair, stool and two make believe paddles and then, he was kayaking. Someday, he hopes to have one of his own, so he said.

He also said a couple of odd things too....like it was quiet in my house. I suppose when you have a seven, and soon to be eight-year old brother, it's anything but quiet in his house. We observed the birds, and yes, we could hear every sound clearly through the closed window.

Quietness is something I also appreciate....Peace...Not everyone has that luxury.

There are times when I ask him what he wants for Christmas...as if I didn't know. Monster trucks, and art supplies are on the list, but what surprised me is when I heard him say he wanted a "dollhouse". Who would have quessed that? And, who knows what Santa's going to bring...

No comments: