See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cold Feet

Just got back from the concert, where it seemed that as usual the dampness was creeping in and although I had my hooded sweatshirt on, my feet were growing cold. It felt more like August this evening. The Country band played a good variety of music and it was a welcomed rest from the exercise we engaged in today.

After my PLN, we decided to try the Westville trail going around the lake to the dam area. It was perfect today for a walk in the woods. The entire walk was 1.8 miles. And, I hope I got more out of it than a blister on my toe. The walk was approximately 45 minutes long and it was pleasant as I was not alone.

John and I have been trying to put in some time walking different areas of town each night when possible.We enjoy walking where beautiful, scenic gardens are trying to make their appearance. He claims to have already dropped five pounds. It is generally agreed that the first ten pounds, especially males, come off pretty easy. It is the remaining weight, unless you are a dancer or runner, that appears to come off slowly.

People that love me have encouraged me to work at it. This of course includes the food we eat and the amount. Yesterday, we shopped while we had an oil change and ran several errands. My sister-in-law turned 50 and we attended her party. I never got so wet, my clothes were drenched right through, on the way out, thank goodness. The ride home was difficult due to deep puddles and excessive rain, not to mention the thunder and lightening. That's where the cold feet started.

It is an unusual year to say the least. I find I don't how to dress anymore. I probably should always carry an umbrella with me. We got Rita a gift certificate to 12 Crane St., where we usually go on Friday night for a brew, Celtic Nacho, and fish dinner. Everyone seem to do the same thing, as those at my table gave her a gift certificate to Finns and Tails. Another family member will be celebrating sixty years in August. And in a couple of weeks, we will hold our church pic-nic. We are people on the move constantly.

Sounds like we will try to take in a concert in Sturbridge on Thursday, after selling raffle tickets during the day. Just happen to get a run down on the July 19 concert in Southbridge on the common, so we may go from one party to another.

Life is good. It was fun to see the family again, as we celebrated the 4th on the lake in Connecticut with them. As I viewed Rita's pictures, as realized how much time has slipped away, and how precious time is.

Tonight I heard the band play a wonderful song. It is called "The Keeper of the Stars." I am reminded by that tune that "someone had a hand in it, long before we knew." God has blessed me with happiness, love and a wonderful life. Now that my feet have warmed up, its time for some ice cream. In closing, I don't believe things happen without reason, and purpose. All we need to do is believe.

No comments: