See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Birthday Buzz

It started yesterday, when I placed my shower cap on, getting ready to step into the shower. You guessed it, the doorbell rang. Just as he started to leave, and had gone down a few stairs, I opened the door and said, "just leave it"! closing the door quickly. He saw the shower cap and was off in a flash, getting the message. No, it wasn't that he came too early, I was getting a late start. Who wants to rush on your birthday. If I sound a little spoiled, I am. No one has a nicer family than me. The beautiful gift was from my grandson, who is getting to be a big boy, almost four, and there it was, accompanied by a "happy birthday balloon," which he loves to play with.

We went to dinner last evening and later to the Cannery for entertainment. (What a brass section, a fabulous group). Nathan was tired but stayed up with the adults, saying "grandma, it's your birthday" because he knows birthday's are special. It was spectacular! Red wine, Celtic Nachos, a full course meal and cheese cake. Nathan entertained us with songs, dance and stories.

It just so happened that the "private room" was available, at one of my special eating spots, at 12 Crane. The River Run room had an art exhibit and I was invited to pick one from amongst the many framed designs. The work was my favorite, lighthouses, ocean and landscape images. I found one that complimented the work of my daughter-in-law Angie, which is hanging in my living room. And, if that wasn't enough, out came packages and cards to open.

Some people are lucky enough to get gifts that they actually like and find useful. The best of gift of all, was looking at each one of them, in good health doing well, and happy. It was the best birthday ever.

Since I'm a bottom-line person, I always admire a person that can just say it. It was in the wee hours maybe around 1AM, having come from a very cold evening of thirty-one degrees and just settling in, when I spotted the words on the card that John gave me earlier in the evening, they said, "All I know of love is that it begins and ends with you."

I am truly blessed!

No comments: