See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, December 28, 2009

How Little We Remember

Christmas was fun for my grandson. Even the smallest gifts were fun to open and play with. One of the gifts we found for him was an inexpensive bowling ball set. It contained a zipped bag filled with ten plastic pins and two balls.

When he came over to play today I suggested that we set 'em up and roll the ball to see how well we could do at knocking down the pins. It was too funny to see how serious he took all this as it seemed that he used to have a bowling set at his house.

My boys used to have a set years ago, and I remembered how well they liked them. What I failed to remember is what a pain they were as they continuously fell over and knocked each other down. They do not do well on carpeting for one thing, and even the slightest breeze bowled them over.

But, he loved it, and didn't tire of it as it had hoped he would. I can still picture him jumping up and down in delight at having hit the pins with the ball. Right, just the vibration on the floor sent them toppling over. Finally I resorted to setting the pins up on a butcher's cutting block. Perfect! The only exception was that you could not roll the ball on the floor to knock down the pins. When he wasn't successful, he came out with a large plastic yard ball. No problem. He did it and he was the winner, according to him. Of course he was, he was the only one playing.

No comments: