See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Believe I Can Fly

This is the song that my grandson sings to me, while we swing in the backyard. I'm still trying to learn the words, that at four, he knows by heart. Our deal is that, if I make the swing go Boom, he will sing. He loves to laugh and that is what he likes most of all about me, he said. I never saw myself that way, though. I caught him imitating me, once when he was little. Kids can be so funny!

The song, I believe I can fly, is so appropriate for him, as he loves aircraft, and DVDs about fighting jets, like the Harriers and F18's. He has a collection of aircraft in his room, and has the "sound down", believe me. This week, he must have been thrilled to sit in the captain's seat, manifest and all, with all the instrumentation available to view and touch. This is the same little boy who was afraid each and every time a plane flew overhead while he played with his cars in the sand. Four-years-old and it is his second major flight, last year it was Mexico. Our little pilot has it down, and can tell you all about the features, including the swivel, turbo jet engines, which allow take-off with minimal taxiing on the runway. This is a far cry from the little planes he enjoys at our local airport, especially the one with the orange tail.

He believes he can fly, and does. Weather is also one of his favorite subjects and, as he was up there in the sky, lightening and storms pursued, enough to drop the aircraft suddenly, and I can just imagine how white his dad's face had to be. Yet, Nate enjoyed it all.

Today, we recall another experience, where Christ Ascended into heaven. The angel verified, to the eyewitnesses, what had just transpired. Can you imagine the magnitude of that event, one which happened almost two thousand years ago. They were astounded, awestruck and certainly unprepared for such a glorious sight, that even to this day, tops any headline that's ever been seen, heard or talked about.

Some have believed that they could fly, tried and have not been able to. Some people do not believe in the Resurrection of Christ, because no one actually saw the event. Scientist work to prove the Resurrection by working on the Shroud of Turin, and by various other methods, yet are inconclusive in their study.

Jesus, the risen Christ, Ascended into heaven. The eye-witnesses revealed to us that the Son of God proved, once again, that He is just who He says He is. Many saw, and "Seeing is believing".

No comments: