See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, May 15, 2010

See, Say or Hear no Evil

This was the title of a cute picture that was on face book tonight, that reminded me of the kid's grandfather. He had a table ornament with three monkey's on it with one covering his ears, one his mouth and one his eyes. It was probably one of the golden rules. I've seen some at flea markets, and everytime I do, I think of him.

Its funny what you don't see in life, or you don't choose to see. Tonight, for an example, I was complaining that the popcorn bag that I placed in the microwave last time, only half popped and I threw away half of the uncooked kernals. John, my husband, simply said, press the popcorn button. I've had that microwave for several years and never noticed we had such a button. Nor, did I notice the one for cooking a baked potato, or reheating. We see what we "choose" to see.

How does a microwave know how much popcorn to pop so perfectly, that's in a bag? Amazing! Sometimes, you just know things. Even though you know something, it is a kindness not to "say" things that are considered unkind.

There are some very concerned father's tonight. It's prom night. I don't know why. Haven't all the films been shown about drinking and driving? Your child is not old enough to buy booze, yet, we know that somehow, most of the kids will have a sip or two of something. Don't worry, haven't your kids had courses in sex education, complete with access to birth control and condoms? Relax dad, they probably know all that you've told them, and more. I still can hear my mom telling me "that no one wants to marry a girl like that. Guys want someone who hasn't slept around."

Yet, it is true that girls that got asked to the prom, during my high school days, were known to be the ones who "put out." They would be doing more than dining and dancing. Of course, we knew that all of the talk was just that, rumours. Most guys were too shy to ask girls to dance, and they would just watch.

Seriously dad, do you think guys really care about virgins anymore? I don't think there are any virgins around. Kids are sexual or they are made to feel that something is wrong with them. It is suggested every where you look, not to mention the statistical evidence of pregnancy and unmarried moms. Kids are raising kids and kids, are great imitators.

So what of See, Say or Hear, it's more like whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Hopefully, it stays that way, but somehow we girls know better.

Will you be like that character in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, where the anxious father is waiting up for his little girl to come home? Unless you lose the see no, hear no, attitude and be careful it may come back to haunt you the rest of your life. Life goes on, and somethings are best left "unsaid". Whatever happened to "trust," after all, haven't you instilled in her values, moral and most of all, have the support of a loving family?

What I hear these days, is parents do not have rights, just obligations, and all she wants tonight, is to be prom queen.

Relax, no matter what, she'll always be daddy's little girl, irregardless of what is said, seen or heard.

No comments: