See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Slow me down long enough to focus

I have so much to do this time of the year, and my mind is saying do that and go here, and hurry and get this done, before it gets too hot.

We all know that if you do not prioritize and focus, you cannot accomplish your goals. So having begun with my prayer, I will attempt to put a dent in it, once again.

My goal this year has been to downsize. My neighbor's goal has been to size up, and he is adding something to his building currently as I type this. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Everything has it's season, and I recall being as ambitious as he now is, years ago, building up our gardens and changing our dwelling place by the addition of skylights, new doors, and a recreation-type room in our basement.

There was always something "new" to take up our time. Then, I would scrub the floors on my knees. Today, I'll be using equipment and modern conveniences. I got my first dishwasher after the kids were grown and gone. I remember saying then, "I don't need one of those." Now, I don't know what I'd do without one, as the family has grown, and we get together mostly in the evening, leaving me to clean up by myself, after doing all the cooking.

My friend Linda just completed a post talking about being the hands of Jesus, as this subject was in our homily on Sunday. These little hands have done much work, and as I recall, it was not all pleasant.

Years ago, I heard the same story and was repeating it to someone when a priest brought more light to the "I have no hands but yours" story. He reminded me that we need to be careful here, not boastful or prideful about our accomplishments, as God could raise stones for His purpose, He does not need us. Working through us, we must be grateful for the opportunity to serve Him by helping other's, with our hands and handouts. I never forgot that I should be thankful and give God all the praise after that, as He supplies all our need. To God be the glory for the things He has done and continues to do in our lives, according to His plan and purpose.

No comments: