See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grandma's Birthday Party

Children say the darnedest things. It was decided that after our church banquet on Sunday, we would all head up to Bill and Angie's house to celebrate my birthday. It is much easier with the baby and his big brother.

During the course of the meal, Nathan was so well behaved that one could have said that he was a little man. Ryan tucked into his carriage, was content to quietly suck on his pacifier while his happy parents got a chance to eat without interruption, with the entire family. It was some time since we had gotten together since the baby arrived, several months ago.

It was enjoyable getting caught up on the latest events in each of their lives. As a mom, I am careful to spread my attention around. Nathan, who sets down at the table, could be heard saying, "Grandma" and "excuse me", anxiously waiting to tell me everything, mostly about his toy airplanes. He has become quite the conversationalist.

As usual, everyone wants to talk at the same time. It is hard to believe how smart kids are today. His parents explain everything to him. They grow up so fast....

The time had come to leave and Nathan's mother explained that we were all leaving to go to their house. He had a surprised look on his face, and looking around, he replied, "Everyone?"

I don't think their house is that large. What a wonderful day we all had. What a great family I have. And, it was another spectacular birthday. I am truly blessed to have their love.

No comments: