See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

O Godly-wise Andrew

Monday, we remembered the first-called Apostle Andrew as we entered our small but beautiful chapel, where his icon was exhibited and venerated.

Most of my life, having the surname of Peter, I was aware that he was called "foremost disciple". But what I didn't know was that the Apostle Andrew revealed Him to his brother, Peter. Andrew heard the voice of the Forerunner and was the first to follow Jesus. Enkindled by His love, Andrew obeyed the Lord with fervor. He was united to Him and was called "O Godly-wise Andrew." Saint Andrew has lead many to Jesus.

Saint Andrew was the "first to meet the Christ". Andrew brought the faith to Romania, in which our church shares it's roots. He was crucified for his faith, thus the X appears on his flag, proudly displayed from the parish house.

To honor Saint Andrew and his feast day, the headscarf that I wore was the official tartan of Saint Andrew's Society of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This sash was given to me by my children as a birthday present. I am a most humbled to wear it in his memory.

We rejoiced in his holy memory and believe that he stood with us in our midst, while through his prayers, we received blessings.

Saint Andrew, your heart was enlightened with the perfect brightness of His divinity. By your prayers may we be granted enlightenment, purity of our hearts and salvation of our souls.

No comments: