See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Your Image

Today makes twenty-three years since the death of my mother. I find myself remembering her by the picture that she gave all five of us children of her and my dad. It was one that I can visualize, in a small pantry with a sink. Their smile is priceless and she is wearing a yellow sweater that was one she frequently wore.

I am grateful for the image on the photo. One, that I can show my grandchildren, saying that was daddy's grandmother. She was a beautiful lady in so many ways. It is good to be able to have it as a reminder of her.

Our church is celebrating Orthodox Sunday today where we proclaim Christ our true God --honored by His saints in words, writing and Holy Icons.

While we worship and reverence Christ as God our Lord, we honor and venerate His Saints.

Holy Icons show us, for an example, of St. Luke, one of the first icon writers, what the mother of God looked like, her costume and what feast day is represented. It is good that we have these truths revealed and available as windows back to the event, at a time so different than ours, by the eyewitness.

These images are near and dear to our hearts.

The Sunday of the Triumph of Orthodoxy is celebrated on the first Sunday of Great Lent.
Today we venerate His image while we sing.

Troparion of Orthodox Sunday, tone 2.

We venerate Your most pure image, O Good One;
and ask forgiveness of our transgressions, O Christ our God.
Of Your good will You were pleased to ascend the cross in the flesh
and deliver Your creatures from bondage to the Enemy.
Therefore with thankfulness we cry aloud to You:
"You have filled all with joy, O our Savior,
for You alone have come to save the world."

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.