See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Saying goodbye

Tomorrow is the first day of April, making today the final day, in the month of March. We are happy to end this month, taking hold of April with its promise of nice spring days. First, we have to get through April fool's day, which just happens to be my brother's birthday. That tells you something! We always used to look forward to teasing him, and other's. The way it went down is that we would say something which was not so....and try to get them to believe it. If they did....we would say, April Fool. It seems so ridiculous now, but it was fun for a large family back then, sort of playing, all in fun, and part of that, was to try and come up with something that the person would never guess. There is a downside to April Fools Day and that is, sometimes people think you are fooling them, and your not. My brother thought my mom was fooling when she announced that her robe had caught fire, while cooking in the kitchen. She caught her sleeves in the flames of a gas stove. Quick action saved her. I do not have a gas stove, but care should be made in wearing loose long sleeves when cooking. I'm all for joking around, but since that day, we changed our way of looking at April Fools Day. The only fool we knew after that, and of course, we never mentioned it, was my brother. I think mother nature is trying to fool us with the impending snow storm....What you do think?

No comments: