See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, March 14, 2013

He Does Not Know

I wonder does he know, know that he's two. Little Ryan refuses to wear a bib because he's too big. Yet at his house he place his doo-doo blanket on me saying it was my bib, and as he proceeded upstairs to his kitchen, he would return with soup he made, because it was good for me. I think sometimes he thinks he's older than me. His dad left me a note with instructions on what clicker to use for the television, in order to play a DVD for little Ryan. Before I could finish, Ryan was inserting the disc. He already knows how to run all the computers as well. I'm sure he's two but it's hard to understand how he could be so smart. He wants to do everything himself, as if he were taking care of me.

Later, during the afternoon, Ryan wanted a favorite toy located on the top shelf, and no daddy couldn't get it,(he was working) and neither could I. Lo and behold out came the stool, the type that you place in front of the sink to brush your teeth. It held me, and reaching upward, I still couldn't reach. He then provided me with his fishing pole, and sure enough, I was able to bring it down with a tap. How does one reason all that at two years old? We had more fun trying to catch the butterflies with the nets as they were driven upward by a blower. He laughs so freely.

We spend the day, painting and reading and when I was driving him home to meet his brother who was coming home on the bus, he noticed we were using a different route. So when asked, I told him we were taking a short cut. Later in the day, he told me we took a short cut just like he understood perfectly. It's hard to believe that he is two.

I look forward to seeing him each week and each week we share new foods. Yesterday, I gave him carrot juice to try--it was picky that means he doesn't like it, but sweetly spares my feelings. I've never seen a two-year-old eat black olives the way he does. He likes syrup on most everything, and always wants to make eggs, beating them in the bowl while standing on a stool, which he provides.

Yesterday, he slept in a youth bed, as he was told he's not a baby but a big boy. He's growing so fast. Do I think for a moment that he thinks he's two? No way....

No matter what the age, we have become very good friends.



No comments: