See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, March 8, 2013

St. Anthony, for That which is lost

Did you ever lose something of value to you. Well I did yesterday. It was something that my husband gave to me, so it had become special in that way. I wore them all the time, as they seem to be the perfect size and went with everything. To say the least, I looked high and low, even used a flashlight under the couch, bed, everywhere I went. When he got home last night I told him that one of the earings that he had given me was lost and I felt horrible about not locating it. I first noticed it after my morning shower, fearing that it may have gone done the drain. Hoops normally would not fit. Then, perhaps it went down the drain of the sink while I was brushing my teeth. But that too was hardly likely.

Most of the time, I would just say a quick prayer to St. Anthony, as my mother taught me as a young child. Which, by the way always worked.

My husband, being always the eternal optimist, said not to worry, it will turn up. Apparently, we prayed to St. Anthony at the same time, as he related after, because I suddenly ran into the bathroom, stuck my hand in the pocket of my robe, felt something in the lower seam, and struggling to pull it out, found the missing earing.

In all of a matter of seconds, there it was. I don't how St. Anthony is able to answer prayers so quickly. It has always amazed me. This was not a case of forgetting where something was placed and forgotten. It was lost.

Thanks St. Anthony for being there for me, always.

No comments: