See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Say What

Great movies have come out throughout the years which are biblically based. Does that mean that they are accurate? I rather doubt it. Yet, they caputure diverse audiences of all ages. What does that say in my mind? It says that there is something in it for those who it captivates. Why else would you watch it...but to learn "what is in it for me?"

I have watched "The Bible" currently being featured on the History Channel. Why? Not to find Theological Value, but to be entertained. They are just stories, those I've heard before, with the author's twist or take on the subject. It is entertainment.

Stories of the bible never grow old because there is something greater in all of it than what can possibly be told by a television series, or movie. Yet, I've seen, in a time when faith seems to be at a standstill, much interest. How could that be?

It maybe that eveyone watching takes something away. Will it provoke you to the search for genuine and deep answers. Maybe, it will stir something deep within, or perhaps, result in an awakening.

What came across to me so far, is that the characters who appeared,  had a knowledge of who their God was, and I noticed they conversed with Him. They were not perfect, just like you and I, they were sinners. They had purpose, as we all do. Clearly, we saw the consequences of their actions, as we all have.

God does not call the those who are qualified to serve Him, rather, He qualifies the willing. How willing are we? Will we this time hear that small voice, the one we try to muffle by all our busyiness, and really take a good look at what the message is, that so many for so long, have tried to convey to us personally. Then what? Where do you go from here?

No comments: