See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Negatively Influenced

A recent post that I read, talked about how her expectations for peace this year, were recently challenged by media influence and a news story which provoked sadness, anger, and other negative suggestions.

Everyone has their own view and opinion, and when something happens it does affect us, one way or the other. She might be just becoming aware of what I've been saying for a long time, and except for movies, or entertainment, I have not watched television, in an effort to not involve myself emotionally in happenings, opinions, or conversations that I have no control over, but are trying to gain contol over the majority of viewers.

We are all sensitive people, and I try to avoid saying things that hopefully, will not effect others negatively. The problem is that it is not always what, or what tone, we said it in, but how the other person perceives what was said. We take things to heart or wrong all the time. The world has become a violent place, we walk on egg shells. But, to be told that when something happens we are all to blame is an exaggeration at best. Stop trying to make us all feel guilty. Everyday, I read things that royally tick me off by people that I like and because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I shy away from them, or avoid them all together.

I can't take on the affairs of the world just because media has the ability to report it, continuously. Negatively upsetting or in sighting large numbers of people seems to be the way of the press lately. I'm sick of hearing fighting words like--left, right, and all the other abusive triggers and the political bashing that goes on every waking day. It is time to stop the blame-game, which is rehashed on all channels.

I call it noise pollution, or head pollution and visuals which can steel all of our peace. I have decided like other's, to pull the plug, change the channel and parent control myself. If the anger is building out there maybe someone needs to ask why? It's simple, just refuse to listen to it. Disengage yourself and look for serenity anywhere that you can find it. Stop allowing other's to steel your peace.

No comments: