See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Visitation Icon

The almanac predicted that today would be extremely cold, followed by a storm. Looks like they were right on. We were undecided whether or not we would venture to Washington D.C. as we had previously done, to join in The March for Life. Thankfully, we are praying at home, the cold is too extreme for me. Yet, today I find myself looking at the "The Visitation Icon."

This Icon shows Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, who is pregnant with him, embracing the Virgin Mary who is pregnant with Jesus. John recognizing Jesus, leapt with joy, at hearing the voice of Mary.

Elizabeth said to Mary "Blessed art thou among women & blessed is the fruit of thy womb." (Luke 1:41-42).

Gospel passages witness to the life in the womb. "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you... Jer 1:5 Is 44:2 Psalm 139: 13-16.

We are all creations of the Lord, who gives to us life, and creates life through us. A life that will be with us for all eternity. There is no greater gift to be given. We just need to place our trust in the Living God. Life is God's decision.

God bless you today in your witness for life, it is a human right.

No comments: