See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Christian Attitude

Take a good look in the mirror. Is it my way or the highway? Expressions that are commonplace, because we want our own way. Husbands and wives are on equal footing, right? No, wrong. Wives want to "dominate" their husbands and control, because they are conditioned to be anything but humble. We are raised bread winner's in today's society, and it's please me, or I'm getting a divorce. I just got through listening to a country song which makes it clear by its lyrics, what we are promoting. Not in front of me, or behind me, but on the side of me. We are all equals. According to the bible can you be a Christian woman and still maintain that philosophy?
The answer is in the gospel, beginning with Genesis. Clearly, we are created men and women. We all have heard of the fall, which our priest reminds me over and over, was "due to a woman." I don't like to admit it, but little has changed since that time.
Change begins with the ability to see our mistakes. Several nights ago, the subject matter came up about wearing head covers in church, a style which has gone out long ago in this country for the most part, and should not have. Everything comes in cycles and I was surprised to learn that tradition was making it's way back. Our sister church was already practicing the wearing of a head covering while worshiping. I was appalled, thinking we're going backward. Married women are wearing black, and white, for single women. I have been contemplating this since I heard about it. Would I wear a covering on my head? I immediately said "no". Then, I decided to research it in the bible.
We are pant wearers, influenced by the feminine movement. No wonder some men leave home, they get sick of having to be their wives's slave. She-bosses, we have beat them into submission. Do we have remorse, or do we know who or what we've become? No...We are not even aware of what we have done, sadly. This social environment is so inimical to Christian values that Christian women must recognize that they cannot allow themselves to be creatures of fashion. It's time for change....
You tube is a great teacher, and I witnessed women all over the world, worshiping with head coverings as they are still in obedience to God's word, and values passed on traditionally from early Christians customs. St. Paul insists upon it, observing in obedience to what has been delivered, God given oral traditions, regardless of what is vogue outside of the church. According to numerous commentators on the epistle, an uncovered head of women in Corinth signaled a "prostitute." Head coverings should never have become "irrelevant." This church custom should never have changed. Head covering will always signify submission to churches where the Bible is read. Seen today as "sexist" or of having no particuliar significance, old-fashioned or prudish, we must adhere to the Gospel in this matter. It is a requirement of the feminine modesty, and is emblematic of womenly submission. Submission in obedience to your husband; as obedient servants of God.
(1Cor.11:13 vs.5-7)"But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. (6) For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. (7) For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (8) For man is not from woman, but woman from man."
Obviously, this is not what the world has taught you. And, one final verse. (13) "Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?"
This is not going to be popular, and since I've never liked wearing anything on my head, this will be difficult. I will choose to be obedient to God's will. will you? (All references are taken from the Orthodox Study Bible).

No comments: