See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Emmmm! A piece of chocolate bunny and life is good.

It's the little joys that make life so much fun. Like my friend Linda, I thought of doing more spring cleaning today. It is conditioning pure and simple. Our culture taught us to be cleaning freaks. The sun comes out and bingo, we begin. The power of suggestion kicks in. Must take care of it all, and all at once, the yard, basement, garage and don't forget the living space.

Year after year, it is the same old story, renew and if your like me, you "desire change". One year, when I was in my twenties, I even changed rooms around. Now, aging has its way with me. Its sort of "look but don't touch." Ambitious I am, but not for being indoors. I want to be outside.

Shopping and eating out is what I ended up doing. My little grandson wanted to go toy shopping to see all the trucks. Just watching his expressions and they way he gets so excited is fun to me. No, we didn't go to see the planes today, maybe next time. Instead, we are playing with monster trucks.

But, we did get around to opening the big chocolate bunny that was within his reach, already. My he is growing up so fast. He had the ears, the best part, and I had a little of the head. When I washed the chocolate off his face and hands, I remarked, that as a big brother, he'll have to teach his little brother how to eat chocolate. Of course, we all like chocolate. It does something to our state of mind, and it is also good for you in moderation.

The spring cleaning can wait until summer, as far as I'm concerned. I'm experienced, ---having spent a lifetime doing that. Eating chocolate with my grandson, is what I've spent a lifetime waiting for.

When spring finally comes, we want to do everything all at once. Let's see, there is looking forward to picnics, and digging holes in the yard with the big trucks, playing ball, swinging, and ice cream at Dresser Hill. And, possibly riding bikes.

Then, not too long after that, we will be looking forward to meeting his "new baby brother". Emmmmm! Chocolate bunny and life is good.

No comments: