See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, April 30, 2010

Entertainment from the Cape

Tonight after our usual dinner, we thought that we'd take in some entertainment at our local pub. Watching people coming in from Cape Cod, who were following the group of four, an American Rock band, we wouldn't miss this group. Hoping to get good seats, we purchased them early, obtaining a front row table. It had to be a good band, as they charged double the normal price.

I only had one beer, so that was not the reason that I had trouble composing myself. Actually, it was the most I've ever seen my husband laugh in all the years we've been married.

Unfortunately, we were sold down the river, as both he and I didn't recognize not even "one" tune. It was so loud that our ears are still ringing. The main soloist was wearing a pink flower on his hat, dressed like the hippies from the sixties, sort of. We struggled to hear the words, stayed for over a half hour, hearing nothing but noise, we left.

Earlier at the bar, we noticed what I thought was one of the tallest girls from the back, that I had ever seen. Long blond hair, long neck, and collegiate glasses way too big for it's face. Turned out, that character was the drummer! I kept staring because of the way the woman drummer with the huge nose kept moving it's head with a continuous smile which seemed odd, and fake, somehow. It was a "stupefied" look at best. Suddenly off came the coat. I noticed the body structure, especially the muscles, and it was not girly, except for the "breasts," which were not soft looking, but resembled small, hard potatoes. She seemed pleased with her bony appearance, and displayed a note of confidence, being a fairly good drummer, but, I still think that "Ricky" was not a lady.

I've always made the statement that I like almost any kind of music. I largely retract that, and will be not recommending "that band," bizarre as it was, to anyone.

We laughed all the way home, saying, " what the hell was that?" I don't think people in this area are ready to be that casual. These are either very entertaining times that we live in, or I live a really sheltered life.

To say the very least, we were very well entertained.

No comments: