See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What You See Is What You Get

Yes, another cold, blistery day is upon us and haven't we had enough of dark wintry days? Forecasters are predicting snow in some areas. Look again, for we have experienced change. The dead-looking limbs have branched out beautiful shades of red and green of various shapes, and sizes, some bearing beautiful spring flowers, like my pink-weeping-dwarf cherry tree. Color is everywhere from tulips to brilliant, yellow dandelions, and purple violets. And, finally we have grass.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Newness of life is upon us with a change that comes as naturally as the sun shines. Life is what we perceive it to be. Some will look upon today with a negative view, remembering winter, giving them an excuse to moan all day long. Others will see it as, temporary, as spring is about them already, reflecting the love that we feel from within with it's sense of joy and hope.

A day like this, will and does affect each and everyone of us differently. It's a funny thing that we are always in a rush for good things and are inpatient to endure all things, good and bad. What is truly our lot in life, we must accept. Each day, I participate in praying for other's, by way of a listing that comes to me daily over the Internet. I am one of thousands praying for the need of many. Everyday, when I read the names and prayer requests, I am reminded that we need to be thankful for who we are and what we have.

I often look at my grandchild who is knowledgeable about the weather but never complains, focusing on other "fun things."Joy and laughter fills the home when he is here. Life is what you make it. So today, I will find some great music, funny stories, nice pictures and just maybe think of wonderful times and moments that will put a smile on my face. Maybe, I'll become creative in the kitchen, or read a classic love story, or meet with friends. Because, life is what you make it to be.

Attitude will help us weather any type of weather,...."This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

And...if this doesn't help, I think of the words of my friend "This too shall pass" and my expression, "nothing lasts forever!"

No comments: