See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, August 8, 2009

American

American Made. Born in the U.S.A.

Born in the U.S.A. is a popular song which I believe came out a few years ago, and one which John and I enjoy hearing while travelling.

I do not think of myself as anything but American. I have a rich heritage right where I am. My parents were also born in this country. We are all English speaking and that includes my children as well.

My esteem is not determined by where my family originated from. I am a mixed breed, like many who hold claim to "one nationality" but whose heritage are multiple in reality.
I am deeply rooted in the tastes and sounds of my own country, America.

Americans have a love for many different foods and is a cultural melting pot, which makes us rich and diverse.

Years ago, people stuck to their own culture, but not anymore. Here in America we don't think it's important where you've been. But, more importantly that you here, part of the American Family. Its who we are and where we're going that is our strength, together as one family.

We've had the family tree done, at least on one side. That is one country, that leaves three more. After all, there are two grandfathers and two grandmothers and allot of relatives all over.

I guess, when it is all said and done, I'm proud to be an American, living in the good old U.S.A. Blooming where God planted me, right here in this small town, of American people. And, everyday I thank God for that!

So, when people ask me what "nationality" are you? The only true Answer, besides which one, is I'm an American.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.