See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, August 27, 2009

What'll I Do

(Irving Berlin)

"What'll I do when you
Are far away
And I'm so blue,
What'll I do?
What'll I do when
I Am wondering who
Is kissing you,
What'll I do?
What'll I do with just
A photograph
To tell my troubles to?
When I'm alone
With only dreams of you
That won't come true,
What'll I do?"

Speaking of Irving Berlin, " Composer George Gershwin called him "the greatest songwriter that has ever lived", and composer Jerome Kern concluded that "Irving Berlin has no place in American music - he is American music." (Wikipedia)

Irving actually taught himself how to play piano. His work lives on in the minds of many. He was a gifted composer and lyricist.

The above song was so simply written, yet says it all! It can be called a "classic" a piece of work that applies to any generation. And, probably everyone, as at some point, we lose someone we love and it hurts. O the heartbreak, What'll we do ?

Tonight we remember a Senator who moved on, one who lived in hope of seeing "his dream come true,"health care for the needy. Ted Kennedy has forged a close relationship with people in this area, and actually came out to our small town, where many politicians wouldn't, sending representatives in their place. He helped bring the DOD to our area, trying to promote jobs here. Ted, was concerned about children and their education, and worked with our previous President, Bush to promote "No child left behind." Judgment will come to all. He did his best, good or bad. What I choose to remember is that you could count on him for being there when you needed him. Rest In Peace, Ted Kennedy. Thanks for your hard work and for caring.

No comments: