See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

Today found me ready for Christmas, almost. Dinner then more shopping, believe it or not. Now, more presents to wrap. There are always loose ends, so to speak and then, the unexplained.

The unexplained is what my grandson told Santa at his daycare party that I was privileged to attend, that he wanted for Christmas this year. Yes, it was the only thing that he said he wanted. I had no clue. That is why we went out again this evening to try and find it. Sure enough it was the only one. It was meant to be his. Needless to say we found other things and that's usually how it happens. Our first stop was the package store where we were able to purchase last minute wines and other goodies.

I can't believe how cold it is outdoors. It's two below in Worcester right now. We forget from season to season what bitterly cold weather is like. The good news is that nothing lasts forever. Tomorrow at this time, we will not care about the weather, nor remember anything but the peace joy, and goodwill that Christmas brings.

I promised myself more rest, so I'll be able to stay awake Christmas Eve. Everything will turn out okay, it always does. Oh Santa where are you? I need some help.

No comments: