See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Wish I Were With You

"The Christmas rush is through, but I still have one wish to make
a special one for you... Merry Christmas, Darling
we're apart that's true...but I can dream and in that dream
I'm Christmasing with you...
Holiday's are joyful, there's always something new...
But everyday's a Holiday when I'm near you...

The lights on my tree, I wish you could see...
I wish it everyday...
The logs on the fire fill me with desire to see you and to say..
That I wish you Merry Christmas, Happy New Year too...
I've just one wish on this Christmas Eve,
I wish I were with you....."

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs, originally sung by Karen Carpenter.

Christmas is never the same for the lonely who, missing the one person they love and long for, are apart from them. They go through the motions, while having a great emptiness within.
Christmas is not fun for everyone, especially the military families and those who have lost loved ones.

"But I can dream and in that dream, I'm Christmasing with you..."

Karen is gone from this world. But, maybe you know someone that needs a little Christmas Cheer. "It is in giving that we hope to receive."

No comments: