See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Incredible Story

Incredible and unbelievable. Here we go again with a live tale that proves over and over that it is good to begin your day with prayers about your health, safety, peace and protection.

Most mornings, I begin my day with a trip to our local church. Today was no exception. Shortly after, I found myself in our back yard with the intention of moving my swing.

I had thought of a better arrangement, which would allow room for a table to be brought out for a family get-together, sometime soon. I managed to get it across the yard and in the process the seat portion which is anchored by a huge spring, dismantled. I should have realized that this undertaking was too difficult for me and waited for help. But no, my personality will not allow for that, I had to give it a try.

I removed the canopy top, and ventured in to try and lift the two seat steel monster. Being short has its disadvantage at times and this was one of them. The weight and movement caused the swing to come crashing down on me as the spring missed its intended destination.

The top of the heavy pole struck my foot with a terrible blow, luckily it didn't hit me on the head knocking me out, with no one around.

At first, I thought it cut my toe off as I had no idea what the injury was initially looking downward, I feared the most. People that know me also know that I live in flip flops or go barefoot inside.

The sight of blood usually does not bother me as I've patched many wounds in my lifetime, growing up with a working mother and physical brother's. If it was a good gash, it was taking time for the blood to appear. I wondered if I could move it, in order to get inside to take a look. It appeared nothing was broken. I looked down on the ground at the green cap at the edge of the pole, with it's plastic ridges, and decided that's what hit me. I must of moved fast and it almost missed me altogether.

I ran the foot under cool water in the tub and it started to feel better. There was a small cut, not even requiring a bandage. There is a leather strap which fits between my big toe and the first of four on its side, connecting it to the sole, which is about 1/2" wide.

I wonder, was it the strap that saved me or something else? Scientific evaluation would probably credit the leather, but I'm inclined to think differently, as I am certain "someone is watching over me".

Beside all the incredible stories I tell you, Fr. Peter, this one can be added to the list, a very long list. And, many prayers of thanksgiving.

If you haven't been to church lately, maybe you should.

No comments: