See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, July 9, 2010

SUMMONED AWAY

When I was a young mother at home, I used to watch a Christian program where prayer was being held for other's. Part of that was a blond woman who sang "To God Be the Glory for the things He has done." She would talk about things taking place, those who were receiving healing.

My life is not that dramatic, but I wish to give God the Glory, that is the precious name of Jesus. I belong to a "prayer group" on the Internet and daily I see prayers of Thanksgiving, as people's lives are being changed because of His mercy. We are all called to bear one anothers burdens, and I have a great compassion toward others.

Yesterday, while at the church, Father Peter put down mulch on mounds located on the two sides of the church. Having some left over, Tom was kind enough to help me place more where the bird feeders and birdbath area is by the huge rocks. In the interim, he moved an old worn and unsightly sign, disturbing a nest of hornets. I said the Jesus Prayer, as I was taught to do in time of danger and was okay, but he got stung.

Tom is not allergic to bees but has an intolerance and needed to take something along with his ice pack. I called him last night and it was swollen. As a child, I remembered to put mud on it, but it didn't sound like a good idea to Tom.

We finished what we could, but being in the nineties, I gave up and went home, deciding to finish it in the A.M. once the hornets calmed down.

After filling the wheel barrel with the rest of the wood chips, hoping to finish my project before the impending rain, I proceeded to the spot where we left off, the nest area.

Sure enough, they were still there and, proceeded to come after me with a vengeance. I hadn't come this far to quit now, so while they were circling in on me for the attack, I started to say, "Lord Jesus, Son of God, Have Mercy on Me a Sinner."

No sooner than the prayer had been uttered, they vanished, all of them. It was as if they had been summoned away. I don't where, it was all to quick. But I do know beyond the Shadow of a doubt, my prayer was answered almost before it was uttered. It happens all the time....

Job completed, I watered the potted plants and went home singing "to God be the Glory for the things He has done," having another incredible tale to tell.

No comments: