See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Wonder of it all!

Twenty minute bike ride, a quick shower, second cup of coffee and reminiscing. As it is not too long before the birth of my second grandchild, I called to find out how my daughter-in-law was doing carrying the baby in all this heat. I recall years ago my cousin had her first in August. She got so large that her skin couldn't stretch much more and her discomfort was enormous. I said a quick prayer for all women carrying in this heat as I can hardly stand it myself.

The wonderful part about being pregnant is the care that women receive today, for the most part. We did not have ultra sounds as part of our prenatal care. Little Nathan and daddy were treated to "seeing the baby" which raised many questions...typical of a four-year-old, whose baby brother is "almost ready." He got to see the movement from the screen and I'm told the baby has lots of dark hair, unlike Nate.

Maybe this one will have large dark brown eyes like his daddy, too. Nathan wondered what color he will be. A normal question for a little one as well as "how will he come out?" Mom was ready with all the answers.

This guy will be one of the lucky ones, coming into a family that already loves him, and are excited to meet him, especially Nathan. Nathan will be a great "big brother." And, since he doesn't miss a trick, he will fill him in on all the wonderful joys of being a boy.

There is great excitement in the air. As you can well imagine...

No comments: