See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Best Kept Secret

My best kept secret is secret no more, as I write this 500Th. post. Initially, I had to build confidence as an unprofessional writer, with the hope of sharing stories of my life, personal happenings, experiences, and sometimes writing just for expressing my feelings. Also, to capture, as in a photograph, happenings of my grandson as he was developing, knowing that those moments were just to precious to forget.

I was hoping to give you a glimpse of my family, and current activities at my church. Sometimes it was just venting, or babbling, other times a sharing of weather, holidays, vacations, occasions of all types.

I was encouraged to set my thoughts to type, and have virtually worn out my keyboard. It has been an enjoyable experience to share, almost on a daily basis, with a cup of coffee, my two cents worth--so to speak.

I've been amazed at the response that this "boring blog" has received. Almost 10,000 page views by approximately 5,500 visitors from all over the world. It certainly does not compare to some who also provide musical backgrounds, and current photo's.

Looking back, I wanted you to know me, but looking ahead I want to know you. I appreciate your comments, please do not be shy. It tickled me to hear that some people found my writing beautiful, enjoyable, a joy, and one author said it put a smile on her face. If she only knew that it made my day.

Recently, I was challenged to join a carnival, where one word is provided and I found it quite interesting. I'm now confident enough to join in on Networked Blogs. I want to thank all of you who helped me grow by your little nudges, and your endless patience with all my how-to questions.

Reflecting back, with a mish-mash of subject matter, it has been fun, and I hope this will mark just the beginning of friendship--from a boo-boo kisser.

No comments: