See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall, and New Beginnings

I didn't quite know what to write about today, in fact, its been a few days since I shared with my readers, current events. That all changed when I read Bridget's blog about changes.


Will I have changes this fall? I guess we could say that. Today, I saw the result of the ultrasound taken by the physician of my daughter-in-law. I'm getting to be an expert at reading the baby within, with the help of Angie. Clearly, you could see his head, dark hair and big dark eyes. Unlike his brother at birth, it looks like he's sporting a tiny button nose, and it is truly amazing to be staring at him from the outside in.


My friends and family are all inquiring as to when he will show himself, and I'll bet Angie is amongst the first of anxiously awaiting this new human being, their second born, and Nates brother. If not before, Thursday, has been chosen for the birth of this precious baby, who will be the instrument of many changes in all our lives. Nathan and I went to church today, to pray for his brother, mother and daddy. No one is more excited to have a brother than Nathan, as he told Mrs. Thomo all about him.


Unfortunately, we are also expecting from all reports, possibly a category five hurricane. Unheard of for this area, and given the scenario world wide lately, it is not entirely to be ruled out. Lord have mercy. Bill and Ang, went to buy water today, as they have their own well, which is not manually pumped. It is concerning to Bill that the storm is anticipated to arrive around the same time of the new arrival. The home is surrounded by trees, on a hill in a heavy wooded area.


Nathan told me that his brother will look like daddy. Could be, he is very observant and smart for his age. We sometimes go to the airport after our work at the church, and today was no different, although we didn't hear too many planes above us, we did see a line from a jet, which I told him was a jet stream. Off we went, first of all, we go by where daddy works. Each time, I say who works over there, pointing in the direction of the building, and he says "daddy". Then, I say lets give daddy a big wave. Normally, he does, but today, he said, "grandma, (almost like scolding me), daddy's not there today, he went to the doctor's with mommy. I knew that!


Then, our little engineer asked me why the blocks were placed in the road to the right. Twinehurst Place once had two entrances, and one entrance has been closed for years. What four-year-old asks this type of question? So, I told him they had reconfigured the road. I didn't hear the end of it. A new word. Baby animals was the next stop, then the huge bird house, in which he wants to build one for me, someday, with his daddy. Then, he was in his glory at the airport, which is unfortunately, experiencing change, as a sign hung from the dinner, closed. The many planes that came in for the summer, to engage in conversation, show off their new gadgets, and grab a bite or two, signified a new season ahead, fall.


Nathan's father was always the type that loved surprises. He used to hide gifts to surprise Ang. and for him, that was always the best part. Now, he has the additional wait time for his new son, what suspense! Nathan again, showed me his brother's room, filled to capacity with various monkeys. So cute, and I'm sure he must go in everyday to see it in anticipation.


Today, he managed to show me a "surprise" in his room. The beautiful blue walls were filled with removeable stickers of airplanes, and bi-planes which he enjoyed seeing this summer at the airport. (I didn't know he learned how to keep a secret.)


The new grandson will soon learn what an airplane sounds like, as Nathan imitates them perfectly. Especially when they fly over his house.

Reaching for my hand, today, I asked him if everything was okay? Normally he doesn't hold my hand, and I thought maybe it had something to do with the old wives tale of feeling displaced by the arrival of a new baby. He said, "I want to hold your hand, because I love you so much, grandma." We have our season of change, but that's one thing that I hope will never change."


This fall is going to usher in change, dramatically. And, we are looking forward to it.

No comments: