See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, August 12, 2010

She who Nourished the Master

The nativity story at Bethlehem, revealed that the virgin Mary delivered the Word of God made flesh, for all humanity. It was a far cry from that of Moses, who in his encounter with God, revealed His presence to him. Mary held her Son and kissed Him, nourished Him, and provided for His comfort. It was unlike what was said to Moses in (Exodus 33:20,) "You cannot see My face, for no man can see My face and live." Yet, the skin of Moses face was glorified while God talked with him. (Exodus 34:26.) Seeing his appearance, other's were afraid to come near him. When Moses asked God what His name was He said, (Exodus 3:14) "I AM the existing One." (Exodus 35:3 ) "I am the Lord." Found in the New Testament, (Revelation 1:17), "I am the First and the Last, I AM He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."

Is it anything but a wonder, that Mary, the mother of our God, was able to carry Jesus in her womb, look upon Him and call her son, her Lord? He, before going to His death on a cross, was Transfigured on Mt. Tabor? (Matthew 17:2) "and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light." (Matthew 17:5) "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!" This was the final confirmation of the Holy Trinity, made manifest.

Given the above, these words come as no surprise, in the final troparia, chanted during the first 14 days of August. "O unexplainable wonder, How do you nurse the Master?" (Intercessory Prayer) To the Most Holy Theotokos.

Jesus, our Lord, God and Savior, is the same yesterday, today and forever. And, in one word we can tie it all in...approachable. He invites all to come! (Matthew 11:28) "Come to ME, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

All scripture passages are taken from: The Orthodox Study Bible

No comments: